Recurring Invoices are a convenient way to automate the creation of Invoices or Draft Invoices. They are automatically processed once a day at 04h00 UK time and will generate invoices based on the recurring invoice settings for your organisation.
Create a new recurring purchase invoice
- Next Invoice: The date on which the next invoice will be automatically created.
- Repeat Every: Set the frequency of the invoice creation by entering a value and choosing from either Month(s) or Week(s). After an invoice has been successfully created, the Next Invoice date will be automatically recalculated in line with this setting.
- Due Date: Set a default number of due days that will be applied to each invoice created from this recurring invoice.
- Save As: Invoices can be saved as either an Approved Invoice or a Draft Invoice
- Expiry Date: This is an optional setting used to prevent invoices being automatically created after a certain date.If you leave this option blank, then the invoice will continue to recur indefinitely.
Automatically email the invoice to your Customer
- To: The email address that you would like the invoice to be sent to. Multiple email addresses can be specified, and should be separated with a comma
- CC: The email address that you would like the invoice to be copied to. Multiple email addresses can be specified, and should be separated with a comma
- Subject: The subject of the email
- Body: The body of the email
Email tags are a great way to customise the subject and body of the automated emails. See the Email Templates section for more information.
Adding Items to your invoice
Once you have finished creating your recurring invoice, you can proceed to add items as per any other invoice.
Activating your recurring invoice
When you have finished setting up and adding items to your recurring invoice, you must click the Enable button in order to activate the recurring functionality. Note that an invoice can only be enabled if the Next Invoice Date is greater than or equal to the current date. In addition, if you enable a recurring invoice where the date is equal to the current date, then an invoice will be created immediately.
Please sign in to leave a comment.