Navigate to the main Contacts tab and click on the Add New Contact button.
- Name & Type:
- Name: Information entered here appears on Invoices, Credit Notes and Quotes/Orders.
- Name on Invoice: Replaces the entry in the Name field above when printing transactions.
- Contact Type: Indicate whether the details belong to a Customer or a Supplier thus determining which transactions can be processed against this account. Selecting both is possible.
- Vat Details:
- VAT Number: The number entered here will print on Sales Invoices and Sales Credit Notes.
- EU VAT Country: Select the appropriate EU country if your Customer is in Europe. This is relevant to VAT registered UK organisations with European sales where the customer is VAT registered (see the EC Sales List report) as well as all any organisation that sells Digital Services into the EU where the customer is not VAT registered (see the EU Digital Services report).
- Transaction Defaults: You can set defaults for invoices and credit notes, which will greatly speed up data entry:
- Transaction Items: Specify a default Product, Category, Sales Account, Sales Tax Rate, Purchases Account and Purchases Tax Rate for each item in a Sales Invoice or Purchase Invoice.
- Brand: Refer to the section on Invoice Brands and Templates for more information.
- Email Templates: Refer to the section on Email Templates for more information.
- Sales and Purchase Terms: When creating a new Customer or Supplier, these values will initially default to the Organisation's Financial Settings, but can be changed here on a per Customer or Supplier basis. The number of days specified here are added to the Invoice Date to determine the Due Date during the creation of a Sales Invoice or Purchase Invoice. The Due Date can be changed to a different date if required.
- Address Details: Two different addresses can be stored for each contact. The appropriate address can be selected in each transaction.
- Contact Details:
- Email: Multiple email addresses can be entered and should be separated by commas.
- Skype: Enter a Skype account id to create a hyperlink in the Contact overview for direct calling.
Adding Notes to a Contact
Notes are added in the overview screen for a contact. See the View or Edit Contacts help document.