To change your Organisation's financial settings, navigate to the Settings tab and then click the Financial Settings link.
- Country: Select the country that your organisation operates in (if applicable, this should be the country that you pay tax in).
- Currency: Enter a currency symbol or code for printing on Customer Sales Invoices, Credit Notes and Statements. For example, enter £ or GBP.
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax Registration No.: Only required if the Organisation is registered for Sales/Purchases Tax. See the section on Taxes and VAT for more information.
- Tax Description: The name of the Sales/Purchase Tax in your country. Appears on screens throughout the application as well as invoices, credit notes and tax reports.
- Year End: Enter the appropriate day and month of your financial year end.
- Conversion Date: If you have transferred from another accounting system, then this is the first day that you start entering transactions in AccountsPortal. For more information, see the section on Converting from another accounting system.
- Lock Date: Transactions dated on or before this date cannot be saved or edited. Useful for preventing entries or changes in closed financial periods.
- Auto Lock Date: If this option is selected, then saving a VAT/GST/Tax Report will automatically set the Lock Date to the End Date of the tax report. Note that if the End Date of the tax report is earlier than the current Lock Date, then the Lock Date will not be updated.
- Suggest bank import rule: If this option is selected, a new Import Rule will be proposed based on the Payee field when processing new transactions from a bank statement. See the section on Importing bank statements for more information.
- Default Sales Terms: This value becomes the default setting when a new creating a new Customer. Subsequently, during the creation of a Sales Invoice, the days saved in the Customer record are added to the Invoice Date to determine the Due Date of the invoice. The Due Date can be changed to a different date if required.
- Default Purchase Terms: This value becomes the default setting when a new creating a new Supplier. Subsequently, during the creation of a Purchase Invoice, the days saved in the Supplier record are added to the Invoice Date to determine the Due Date of the invoice. The Due Date can be changed to a different date if required.
- Default Bank Account: You can specify the a default bank account when entering payments directly in Invoice and Credit Note transactions
Please sign in to leave a comment.